- Start preparing and researching 3-4 months in advance. Every country and/or state has its own pet travel requirements.
- We are not responsible for ensuring that veterinary services, flights, and/or any other transportation arrangements are booked in accordance with requirements for travel.
- Visit the USDA APHIS pet traveling website for the most up-to-date pet travel information. Please research what is needed for the destination you plan to travel to and the airline you plan to travel on, including the timeline for any test and/or vaccine requirements.
- Contact your airline and inquire about their pet travel policies and requirements. Every airline has their own set of rules and most require a health certificate to be processed within 10 days of the departure date.
- Health Certificates can only be issued on the day of an appointment and cannot be issued retroactively.
- Schedule an appointment as far in advance as possible for a health certificate as we only process one per day.
We currently require that you hire a pet traveling agency for the following countries due to their complex entry requirements:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
A pet travel agency will have a better understanding of which permits, testing, treatments, and documents are needed for entry. If you are in need of a pet travel agency please contact Pawsitive Pet Health Certificates for more information.